Summerize this News Article
The Brooklyn Nets will already be without two of their top players for the second game of the season. Cam Johnson (left calf contusion) and Nic Claxton (ankle) were ruled out ahead of Friday’s road matchup with Dallas.
Johnson missed nearly the entire preseason after straining his left hamstring days before training camp. The 6-foot-8 sharpshooter saw his first game action of 2023-24 during Wednesday’s season-opener loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. He struggled to gain a rhythm offensively, posting 12 points, five rebounds and three assists on 5-of-10 shooting.
Claxton was in a walking boot at shootaround Friday. The 24-year-old appeared to injure his ankle while taking a hard fall after his feet got tangled with Damian Jones against Cleveland. He finished the game but was laboring throughout the second half, posting seven points, seven rebounds, four assists and three blocks on 3-of-10 shooting for the night.
Looks like Nic Claxton injured his ankle on this play. His feet get tangled with Damian Jones and he’s slow to get up before limping back on defense.
— Erik Slater (@erikslater_) October 27, 2023
Vaughn said Claxton was day-to-day.
With Johnson and Claxton out, the Nets will start Cam Thomas and Dorian Finney-Smith alongside Spencer Dinwiddie, Mikal Bridges and Ben Simmons. Thomas scored 36 points on 13-of-21 shooting during Wednesday’s loss, the most in NBA history for a player off the bench in a season-opening game. Friday will mark the seventh start of his NBA career, with four coming last season and two during his rookie year.
Finney-Smith started all 30 of his games with the Nets after his trade to Brooklyn last season.
that meets Google’s requirements for helpful content updates. The Article should be at least 500 words long and should target the following keywords:
Nets’ Cam Johnson, Nic Claxton receive Jacque Vaughn injury updates amid surprise absences
The News Article should include the following:
* A well-written introduction that hooks the reader and provides a clear overview of news
* A logical structure that makes it easy for readers to follow the argument and understand the points being made.
* Subheadings and bullet points to break up the text and make it more visually appealing.
The News Article should be written in *easy English* that is *easy to read* and *should be written in human tone and style* and *not look like AI generated*.
Follow these guidelines writing this content.
* Use natural language and avoid using jargon or technical terms that the average reader may not understand.
* Use active voice instead of passive voice.
* Use contractions and other informal language where appropriate.
* Use humor and other elements of human emotion to engage the reader.
#Nets #Cam #Johnson #Nic #Claxton #receive #Jacque #Vaughn #injury #updates #surprise #absences