Summerize this News Article
Gaza/Moscow: Israeli air and ground forces are stepping up operations in the Gaza Strip, Israel’s chief military spokesperson said on Friday (Saturday AEST), amid reports of heavy bombing of the besieged enclave.
Internet and mobile phone services were cut off in the Palestinian territory, a local telecoms firm and the Red Cross said.
“In the last hours, we intensified the attacks in Gaza,” Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari told a televised news briefing, raising expectations that the long-anticipated ground invasion of Gaza may be beginning.
He said the air force was conducting extensive strikes on tunnels and other infrastructure.
“In addition to the attacks carried out in the last few days, ground forces are expanding their operations tonight,” he said.
Israeli forces have massed outside Gaza, where Israel has been conducting an intense campaign of aerial bombardment since a deadly October 7 attack on Israel by the Islamist movement Hamas.
Earlier, Palestinian mobile phone service provider Jawwal said that services including phone and internet had been cut by heavy bombardment.
A statement from the Palestine Red Crescent Society said it had completely lost contact with its operations room in Gaza and all its teams operating on the ground.
that meets Google’s requirements for helpful content updates. The Article should be at least 500 words long and should target the following keywords:
IDF ground forces ‘expanding their activity’ in Gaza
The News Article should include the following:
* A well-written introduction that hooks the reader and provides a clear overview of news
* A logical structure that makes it easy for readers to follow the argument and understand the points being made.
* Subheadings and bullet points to break up the text and make it more visually appealing.
The News Article should be written in *easy English* that is *easy to read* and *should be written in human tone and style* and *not look like AI generated*.
Follow these guidelines writing this content.
* Use natural language and avoid using jargon or technical terms that the average reader may not understand.
* Use active voice instead of passive voice.
* Use contractions and other informal language where appropriate.
* Use humor and other elements of human emotion to engage the reader.
#IDF #ground #forces #expanding #activity #Gaza