Summerize this News Article
Google seems scared.
The tech giant really wants people to use it as their default search engine — so much so that it might have been willing to pay for it.
According to the US v. Google federal antitrust trial against the company reported by CNBC, Google paid $26.3 billion to be the default search engine on web and mobile browsers in 2021. That’s the cost of more than two million Rolex watches. With $26 billion, you could purchase multiple professional sports teams, fund significant scientific research projects, or support massive infrastructure development in a country. If you spent $1 per second, it would take you over 820 years to spend $26 billion.
The Verge did the math and, if you look at how much money Google makes in ad revenue, which would likely be one of the main reasons to push it as the default search engine, the platform is spending 16 percent of its search revenue and 29 percent of its profit to get this done. Remarkably, $26.3 billion is just 1.7 percent of Google’s total market cap. It’s also half of what Elon Musk bought Twitter, now X, for, which feels like another L for Musk.
It’s unclear how much money Google paid specific companies and partners to be the default search engine on its platforms, but CNBC reported that Apple likely received a pretty big piece of the pie. Google could pay Apple as much as $19 billion, CNBC reported in a separate piece.
Google, of course, would probably have preferred these numbers to stay secret. Now everyone knows exactly how much their default settings are worth — more than three billion chicken sandwiches from Popeyes.
that meets Google’s requirements for helpful content updates. The Article should be at least 500 words long and should target the following keywords:
Google paid the $26 billion price of being ‘default’
The News Article should include the following:
* A well-written introduction that hooks the reader and provides a clear overview of news
* A logical structure that makes it easy for readers to follow the argument and understand the points being made.
* Subheadings and bullet points to break up the text and make it more visually appealing.
The News Article should be written in *easy English* that is *easy to read* and *should be written in human tone and style* and *not look like AI generated*.
Follow these guidelines writing this content.
* Use natural language and avoid using jargon or technical terms that the average reader may not understand.
* Use active voice instead of passive voice.
* Use contractions and other informal language where appropriate.
* Use humor and other elements of human emotion to engage the reader.
#Google #paid #billion #price #default