Globall News

A coroner rules the singer Aaron Carter drowned in tub from drug, inhalant : NPR

Aaron Carter, singer and rapper and younger brother of Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter, accidentally drowned in his bathtub due to a lethal combination of sedatives and gas from spray cleaners he had inhaled, according to a coroner’s report. The autopsy found that Carter had the sedative alprazolam, often sold under the brand name Xanax, in his system, as well as compressed gas difluoroethane, which can induce feelings of euphoria when inhaled. Sheriff’s deputies were the last to see Carter alive when they carried out a welfare check after he had been seen inhaling an inhalant on an Instagram live video. Later, he missed an appointment with a drug counselor. The day after, a housekeeper found him submerged in a jacuzzi-style tub wearing a T-shirt and necklace. The report referred to him as “a celebrity with a known history of substance abuse” and cited a particular history of inhalant abuse and a recent relapse. Carter began performing as a child in the 1990s, and his career peak came in 2000 with the triple-platinum album “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It).” He had been open about his substance abuse struggles, detailing his issues with inhalants in a 2019 episode of the talk show “The Doctors.”

Source link
#coroner #rules #singer #Aaron #Carter #drowned #tub #drug #inhalant #NPR

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button